Thursday 14 June 2018

It really starts here

On Sunday I did my first injection for this frozen embryo transfer cycle. It didn't really hurt and was quite underwhelming. But finally I was at this point. The Friday before I had a transvaginal scan to check that everything was ok given that I have been having stomach pains for the last few weeks. It was absolutely fine and the sonographer told me that I had not long ovulated from my left ovary, which was interesting.

Now it's day 4, I've done injection 4 and taken my 4th of 10 antibiotics. Now all I do is wait until my period arrives next week before ringing up the hospital to see what happens next.

I'm still having acupunctue and can almost see the finish line now. Just a few more before I'm in the two week wait. For real rather than the vague wisp of hope that I've had each month since we started trying for number 3. After Lucy, I really was hopeful.  But I also felt that deep down we would end up using our embryos. I don't believe in destiny. But it does feel like this is the path that I always thought I'd end up on since having Stanley.

No comments:

Post a Comment